Thursday, May 7, 2015

MY WEEK AND A SIMPLE RECIPE

“I wish I could describe the feeling of being at sea,
the anguish, frustration, and fear, the beauty that
accompanies threatening spectacles, the spiritual
communion with creatures in whose domain I sail.
There is a magnificent intensity in life that comes
when we are not in control but are only reacting,
living, surviving. But for me, to go to sea is to
glimpse the face of God. At sea I am reminded
of my insignificance, of all [wo] men's insignificance.
It is a wonderful feeling to be so humbled.”

~ Pinterest

WARNING:: snake photos below

 







 

 

This has been a busy week
and I am tired.

Alex is almost complete with
all his lessons for the year, just
an essay and he is done,so I have
paperwork to turn in to the home-
school association, I detest
paperwork.

On Wednesday with the threat of
a tropical depression heading our
way My Mike decided we needed
a beach day just in case we got rained
out on Sunday.  This was an incredible
gesture on his part because as much
as I love the beach, My Mike does
not, he prefers the river;  opposites
really do attract.

It was a glorious day. We walked
from one end to the other, staying
until the sun was setting, then picked
up sushi for me and pizza for them
to eat at home.

See the snake on the pine tree? That
is the chicken snake we saw as we
were parking, it's not poisonous,
but then today I was picking dandelions
to make salve and our little dog Alice
would not stop barking...thank goodness,
not two feet from me was a copperhead,
[very poisonous] that I would never have
seen if not for her.  Have a mentioned
that I am not a fan of snakes?

I had another recipe I planned to share today,
but with the wind and rain I am trying to get
this post up in case my power goes out so
I am sharing an easy cracker recipe that is
quick to make, but delicious to eat. Next
week I will share my Spaghetti Genovese.
Do you have a recipe to share? Please
leave a comment so we can see.

I want to wish all the mama's out there
a Happy Mother's Day and to all a
great weekend.

Love,
Tracey
XO

Simply Crackers

1 1/2 cups flour of your choice
  I use gluten free baking flour
  with 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup water with 2 Tablespoons oil olive added
1  or 2 Tablespoons:
flax seed, sesame seeds, chai seeds or hemp hearts

Mix well until dough holds together. Roll thin
on parchment paper, then transfer to a flour
dusted baking sheet and bake at 400F for 10
minutes or until golden.

Tastes really awesome dipped in homemade
Ranch dip...
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 diced garlic clove
1 teaspoon dill
2 Tablespoons chives
1/2 sea salt
freshly ground pepper to taste

Process in blender until smooth.

18 comments:

  1. Sounds just lovely Tracey, except for the snakes...yikes! And thanks for the cracker recipes, can't wait to try it. It is similar to our standby, we add a little nutritional yeast to give them a cheesy flavour.

    Have the most wonderful weekend, and Happy Mother's Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crackers look yummy...and thank goodness for your dog...I'm not terrified of snakes...but they always cause a surprise when I see one...poisonous or not...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey, I posted a couple of recipes at your invitation at: tamknots.com I hope everyone will enjoy. I look forward to seeing new recipes from others! Thx. Happy Mother's Day! --Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three cheers for Alice!!! I think that is one of the things that scares me the most about snakes... they are so sneaky. We see a lot of huge black snakes which I find creepy, but a copperhead would really do me in.
    On a more pleasant note, your beach visit looks delightful. So glad you were able to get there. I hope you stay safe in the storm and have a very Happy Mother's Day.
    The crackers look right up my alley. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day to you too. I love the beach, I particularly love it in the winter when the dogs are also allowed. I am not a fan of snakes!! eek! Always up for a new recipe, liking these crackers, might make them and put them on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your beach is so lovely... next time you will have to show us Mike's river. Hope you have a wonderful momma's day with all your children !!! p.s. i'm joining your recipe swap over at pjcasual

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh happy Mother's day to you. I love the photograph of the beach hut. It looks like such a peaceful calm spot. I'm glad that you had a good day.Hope the weather isn't too bad on Sunday. Thanks too for sharing the cracker recipe...I've never made them before but been recently looking for crisp bread and cracker recipes so will definitely try these some time. I put a quick supper recipe mine too.
    Have an awesome weekend.
    debx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have your electricity!! I did do a recipe today and here is a link: http://www.pumpkinsunrise.com/2015/05/dogwood-trees-and-recipe.html

    love that your dog saved your life - the devotion :) Happy Mother's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you had the whole beach to yourselves? heaven!!! Thanks for the recipe! yum! I'm definitely going to try that one!!!

    happy mother's day! our storms are waiting for Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The beach pictures are gorgeous and how sweet of your hubby to spend the day with you at the beach. The snakes, blech... NOT a fan of them either. Thank goodness your dog alerted you to the copperhead and nothing happened! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cracker and dip recipe sound yummy - might have to try them for our Mother's Day dinner. So many snakes near you - gives me the heebie jeebies! (Even though I know they're not all bad.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I messed up on posting my recipe. I had a good one too but totally forgot! I will do it next week. I hope you find some sunshine over the weekend and you have a wonderful Mother's Day Tracey <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Mother's Day Tracey!
    Opposites really so attract, I am with Mike...love me a river. :)
    Thank you for the cracker recipe. They look delish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to see snakes.... but not poisonous ones! Thanks for the recipe-- I think I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pictures are just beautiful Tracey... I personally love snakes, I find them fascinating. But then again, we don't have poisonous ones up here (that I know of, yikes!). Thank you for the recipe, trying it out this week for sure!

    Happy Mother's Day! xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cracker recipe sounds great - and you always share such delicious recipes! Awesome pictures too - thanks to my reptile loving son (the oldest one) I don't mind snakes and have even held a few in my time. Thanks for sharing and Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Snakes are sneaky. I'm glad you didn't get hurt. The beach is beautiful. Your sand looks so clean.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful day at the beach with your sweetie! I can't wait to try this cracker recipe! There are some multi grain seed crackers that I get from Costco that I love, but they are so expensive do I don't buy them often. These sound a lot like them. YUM Your ranch dip sounds good too! I've never thought of using cottage cheese in ranch.

    ReplyDelete